Friday, December 31, 2010

June 1963: Fantasyland



Let’s hop aboard (well, gently step into would be more prudent) our Storybook Land Canal Boat and spend a day in Fantasyland, circa June 1963. This batch of images sure sparkles with vintage color!



I’m going to say that this is probably some of the best rock work ever done in the park; the modern day version that existed at the Disneyland Hotel until recently just didn’t compare:





I believe this one is shot from the eating area behind the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship Restaurant:



Plenty to stare at in this shot, but I’m going to zoom in on just one detail...



What a cute little booth:



Can you believe it’s still in operation? Just a little ways down the path to small world, you can find it being used as a Kodak Film/Information booth. In another year or so, the best information here might be, "What is film?"



I want to thank all of you for reading my blog, leaving the great commentary, and supplying the extra great bonus info that makes all of my work worth the effort. Hope the New Year brings plenty of good things to all of you!

See more Disneyland Fantasyland photos at my main website.

11 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

Happy New Year to you!!! And thank you for doing all the work that you do so that I can sit here and drool, LOL.

These photos are amazing but something puzzles me - WHERE are all the people???? The Park is empty!

Thufer said...

Happy New Year and thanks Dave for your efforts.

CoxPilot said...

Happy New Year Dave. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Did you hear that Kodac announced that Kodacrome will be discontinued in 2011. Times are a-changin.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Happy New Year Dave - Thanks for everything! I hope 2011 bring lots of good things your way.

I love that old ticket booth (link) I check it out on every visit, its nice that the cast members actually know the history of the little booth.

Great July 63 pics, so much slurry to love!

Major Pepperidge said...

Happy 2011! Thanks for all of your great posts.

TokyoMagic! said...

Happy New Year, Dave! Thank you for a year...actually YEARS, of great posts!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the posts in 2010; looking forward to more in 2011 :)

Chris Jepsen said...

That's Daveland for ya,... Come for the pretty pictures, but stay because you actually learn stuff!

I've passed that booth a million times and never made the connection. Nicely done!

Have a great 2011!

JG said...

Happy New year Dave. Thanks for the great post and the Great Blog. Always a highlight of my day, especially these shots of the skull rock grotto, one of my favorite places ever.

JG

Kevin Kidney said...

Thank you, Dave, for your wonderful blog. I often fantasize about having a time machine, but did you know that the first "place" I would set the dial for would be the summer of 1963? It's true. I would spend the whole summer there and then I would hit the button again and do it all over - several times.
In the meantime, your blog will have to do.

Have a happy new year!

-Kevin