Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Final Evil Queen & Lana



This one took a lot longer than I thought it would. Typically I use colored Prismacolor pencils to sketch my paintings out before I put paint on the canvas. Especially on this one, the red pencil I used bled through on the lighter colors. And bled. And bled. No matter how many layers of paint I put on (which is against my nature as I typically like a nice flat surface!), the red pencil showed through. About ready to give up, I decided to put a matte sealer over the offending areas; sure enough, it lessened the bleeding. You can still see some pink tint from the pencil, but at least the old gal doesn’t look like she has rosacea anymore!

Here is an updated photo of my Lana Turner painting; finally started on John Garfield:



See more Daveland art at my main website.

No comments: