Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Trip Report Pt. 6: Various Disneyland



With all the DCA news, Disneyland has gotten the shaft, so the remaining posts of this series will focus (literally!) on the original park.

With the bright reflections in the pavement, how could you avoid purchasing one of these festive balloons, especially with the balloon seller smilingly taunting us to do so?





I had never noticed these cool little window displays at the Coke Corner before. The glowing red at night demanded that I pay attention.





Meanwhile, the Carnation Cafe is back open for business; I look forward to trying it out!





With Jolly Holiday filling the void, I seriously doubt that Blue Ribbon will be missed.









An interior shot, with some awesome light fixtures!



A daytime view:



At The Opera House, The Voices of Liberty have joined the Mr. Lincoln show. Again, time did not permit me to see them, as their performing times are limited. Another one for "the list"!







The main characters were out in abundance:







The Dapper Dans are an integral part of the Main Street U.S.A. experience:





The Indian Penny at the top of the Penny Arcade is a detail that's best visible from the Omnibus:



A view into the Arcade from the Omnibus:



Construction continues on at the former Carnation Plaza Gardens area:







A favorite little stretch of Frontierland:



along with two other views of this area that sees little traffic early in the day:





See more vintage and current Disneyland photos on my main website.

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Maybe it's because I collected coins when I was a kid, but I've always loved the Indian-head penny above the penny arcade.

K. Martinez said...

No matter how many times I go to Disneyland, there’s always some little detail I miss. I never knew about those Coke window displays. Now I’ll have something to look for next visit.

Your site has definitely influenced the way I explore Disneyland these days. I would’ve never specifically gone to the Candy Palace just to see the Welte Band Organ redo or visit the Pioneer Mercantile just to see a ceiling light fixture you showed in another post. Thanks to your blog, I’ve seen in-person details on my last visit that I would’ve probably otherwise missed.

Darryl said...

I love the little alleyway next to Carnation, right on the corner is a watch shop, I bought a custom Mickey watch there which came with the original large painting of the watch face.

Dave...Around mid-May (from what I can tell) you changed your (wonderful) photos...they have more "pop" to them and a somewhat "mystical" or "fantasy" about them. What did you do?

Daveland said...

Darryl - I bought a new camera in May; in addition, I've done some experimenting with HDR. I am loving the new possibilities of both!