Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Fantasmic Fourth/Trip Report Pt. 2



For today's July 4th post, I figured a few photos from Fantasmic! would be a great way to visually celebrate the 236th Anniversary of America's Freedom. The photos shown here were taken last week over the course of both performances. I was shocked that the second performance was not jam-packed; I had no problem getting a space near the fence with a good vantage point. I am assuming that most were across the way at DCA. Take it away, Pinocchio!

Poor Captain Hook - he just can't seem to get a break, even though his foe, Peter Pan, is completely outnumbered.









Musically, this is my favorite segment of Fantasmic! When I hear the strains of "Someday My Prince Will Come" while the Prince literally sweeps Snow White off her feet, I feel a great sense of nostalgia.





Unfortunately, the moment is short-lived as the Evil Queen makes her appearance thereafter.



Toiling away at her cauldron, she summons all of the evil forces that she can to combat poor little Mickey Mouse.



As the smoke began to clear, I was beyond pleased to see that the dragon was in perfect working order!









Mickey was probably not quite as pleased about it as I was.



As always, Mickey conquered his evil nemesis with his magic sword.



What an exit!



An all-star celebration ensued:



Mickey appeared above to orchestrate the pyrotechnics and lasers:



And then with a flash, it was over!



Mickey's encore:



Hope you all have a fantastic 4th and celebrate the freedoms that we are able to enjoy because of our Founding Fathers!

See more vintage and current Disneyland Fantasmic! photos on my Fantasmic! web page.

5 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Maybe it's time to sit through Fantasmic! again. The dragon looks great!

K. Martinez said...

Those are AWESOME shots of the dragon.

When I was there the week of Cars Land opening, I found Disneyland Park amazingly mello and easy to enjoy. Not overcrowded at all. I'd agree that DCA is probably absorbing a lot of the crowds.

Happy 4th of July!

Connie Moreno said...

Dave, you have outdone yourself. These are AMAZING shots!!

Kevin Kidney said...

Beautiful photography, Dave. It's not an easy show to shoot.

Daveland said...

Major - Only do it if you are sure the crowds aren't crazy!

Thanks all - glad you like the photos!