Monday, July 16, 2012

Frontierland Rarities, Pt. 3



A few new and a few old shots highlighting the Nature's Wonderland attraction in Frontierland. I believe the first few shots here are from 1957.

Keep me far away from that rattler!



An interesting Stagecoach shot.



Two little boys are shirtless and on top of that, there's a sign in the muddy area at left. Wish I knew what was on it!



A trio of Rainbow Ridge views for you; so glad this area is still (basically) intact today!







Moving up a decade, this trio of images from June 1972 shows the Mine Train...



The Pack Mules...



and the Mine Train coming back around after a journey. You can also see a few tables from Casa de Fritos under the brightly colored umbrellas on the right.



Rounding out this post are a few July 1974 images of the NW attraction itself:







Two of the little geysers in the Devil's Paint Pots area:





See more vintage Nature's Wonderland photos on my Nature's Wonderland web page.

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I have a photo in which you can almost read the sign that is in the muddy puddle, and I could discern some of it: "Look at this! The water here is poison and we lost all of our cattle. Do not let your cattle drink in this (illegible)"

K. Martinez said...

Even though some of the buildings were moved over from the original Rainbow Ridge site, wasn't the new location referred to as "Thunder Ridge" when Big Thunder Mountain Railroad opened? At last that’s what I recall back then.

Todd said...

Very cool...given these shots, you might want to check out my post on my blog today. A Disneyland comic from 1957 with reference to these same spots.

Knott'sAfterDark said...

Nice photos, Dave! I never had the pleasure of riding through Nature's Wonderland, so I always enjoy looking at old photos!