Monday, July 09, 2012

Trip Report Pt. 5: The Red Car Trolley



Finally! On my last visit I actually rode one of the new Pacific Electric Trolley cars. This is probably the most exciting part of Buena Vista Street for me.



The conductors are extremely friendly and helpful, letting waiting guests know when the next trolley will arrive and any possible delays caused by the entertainment near the Carthay Circle Restaurant.

Here are a few shots of the gleaming interior:





And the interior signage, appropriately highlighting some of the featured attractions of Disney California Adventure:







The graphics are stellar; they all look like they stepped right out of the period. Rather than having an amateur computer-ish look, it would appear that the designers who created these did their research.













At the opposite end of the line, here is the gate near the Tower of Terror:



Next time you visit, make sure you hop aboard!

See more DCA Buena Vista Street Red Car Trolley photos on my Red Car Trolley web page.

6 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I love the trolley and look forward to riding it! Those advertisements are great too. "Kingswell Camera Shop"... didn't Walt have a house (or maybe one of his early studios) on a Kingswell Avenue?

K. Martinez said...

Great Update! I rode the Red Car Trolley starting at Tower of Terror and absolutely loved it. The advertising graphics caught my eye as well.

I was surprised how many cast members (3) it utilized to operate it. One was operating the trolley, one was narrating the tour and another was outside walking in front of the trolley clearing the traffic for it to pass through.

Where there that many cast members on it when your rode it?

Daveland said...

Major - I don't know the answer to that one, but I am sure someone will chime in soon!

K. - Yes, I experienced the same thing. I have a feeling it takes so many because the trolley is still a new thing. Still, I didn't mind; it was nice to see the same level of service/care that you get on the Disneyland Railroad.

K. Martinez said...

Dave - I thought it was great they had that level of service. I wish they would do more of it.

Major - You are correct. When Walt arrived in Los Angeles, he stayed at his uncle's house on Kingswell Avenue. Also the Disney Bros. Studio was located on Kingswell before moving to Hyperion Avenue as the Walt Disney Studios. There is one other connection that I don't remember. Hope that answers your question.

SundayNight said...

Hey Dave, now you need to ride the real thing out at the Orange Empire Railway Museum in Perris.

Snow White Archive said...

Terrific vintage-style advertisements. Very clever.