Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tell-No-Tales Thursdays: Dead Driver!



This has always been one of my favorite scenes from this attraction: the skeleton piloting the ship, with the wind and the lightning going like crazy. I captured this one back in 1993, using a flash. Obviously, this was before I repented and mended the ways of my youth.

This next shot I took in January 2003:



May 2007:



Now that I no longer use a flash, trying to capture this scene just as the lightning hits can be very challenging!





See more Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean photos at my website.

4 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

VERY nice photos today, Dave!

Major Pepperidge said...

The "no-flash" pictures came out great (how the heck....?!), and look better anyway because it's more like what you actually see on the attraction.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Unbelievable, they are all great, but the last two look better than anything Disney puts out! Yes, "how the heck?" A moving boat, in the dark, with intermittent lightening, nice work Dave, bravo! P.s. How about some free camera lessons...

Superman said...

Take me already! Haha. Looking at all your pictures make me wanna go. Can we do lunch on Friday? I have to take my niece to the doctor. Log on already... =)

Fredo