Sunday, July 29, 2012

Wacky Sunday: Fiesta on the Submarines



This September 1961 image stands alone. For those of you who love to play "caption this," I can think of no better image for that game than this shot of the young boy in a straw sombrero. I wonder if the hat fit through hatch? I wonder if Casa de Fritos was holding a special catered event below the hatch? I wonder if the guy with the tousled hair ended up being a Yippie? These are the kinds of things that keep me awake at night. How about you?

Follow my Daveland updates on Twitter and view my most recent photos on Flickr. See more vintage Disneyland Submarine Voyage photos on my Submarine web page.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Cisco . . . Les Went ena Sub-a-marins!

I had that same hat.

CoxPilot

Darryl said...

Hey mister!...Can I trade my hat for a ride on your submarine?

SuzyA said...

Hey kid, they just said... "Next party onboard, not let's Party onboard!" :-)

HBG2 said...

It's a Subrero!

Connie Moreno said...

LOL LOL LOL!