Monday, September 20, 2010

Paint-by-numbers fun



A friend of mine gave me a vintage paint-by-numbers kit as a gag gift. Well, partially a gag...and probably as a jump-start to get me painting again. Within a week, I’d pretty much finished it. The first picture shows the virgin canvas; the second one shows how the painting looked after following the instructions (well, 98% of the instructions...I attempted to soften the face a little).



Not content to just merely follow the numbers and paint within the lines, I decided to change some of the coloring as well as change the face of the subject from Thomas Lawrence’s “Pinkie” to Mel Odom’s “Gene Marshall.” I’ll probably revisit this painting in a few days with some more changes. Stay tuned!


For more Daveland art visit my main website.

No comments: