Friday, April 06, 2012

TPE: The Country Bear Jamboree!



When I went to Walt Disney World a few years back, one of the first attractions I had to see was The Country Bear Jamboree which is no longer in Anaheim. Thanks to my Time Machine, you can now experience the lovable cast again via two amazing slide sets from September 1974. These three lovely ladies are The Sun Bonnet Trio:





Ernest:









Teddi Barra:



Big Al:







Liver Lips McGrowl:































Rumors have cropped up that the CBJ may find its way into the Grizzly Peak area of DCA at some point in the future. Let me just say...I second the motion!

See more vintage Disneyland Country Bear Jamboree photos on my Country Bear Jamboree web page.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And so do I. Miss those guys. And this from a CM of Bear Country in the '70s (and have a wardrobe issued leather belt to prove it). Great post.

...But It Wasn't Always That Way! said...

PUT. THEM. BACK.

TokyoMagic! said...

Yay....Bunny, Bubbles and Beeeeeeulah! Yes, bring back the original CBJ (the Xmas show too...but NOT the vacation version!) They can put them in whichever park they like just as long as they bring them back!

Pegleg Pete said...

Bring back the bears!

Connie Moreno said...

"Well there he goes, he hardly knows the heart he's breakin'..."

AWESOME pics!

Annie said...

I ran to this attraction when I went to WDW too! I really wish they'd been able to keep it. :(

Anonymous said...

I want it back too! That would be great if it came to California adventure even though I would rather have it back in critter country

Philip said...

Yes, bring the Vacation version back as well, Mr. TokyoMagic.

And rotate all 3 shows throughout the year annually just like at TDL's CBJ.