Thursday, December 24, 2009

Tell-No-Tales Thursdays: Aerial View, February 1966



Today I present to you an aerial view of the park from February 2, 1966. You will also notice that this photo is about 3 times the size of what I normally post, because I figure everyone will want to zoom in on different areas (bandwidth be damned!). I am also adding a close-up that is of particular interest to POTC fans, showing the POTC attraction under construction.



See more Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean photos at my website.

4 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Woweee....there's a lot going on in that photo! Construction of Small World and the Primeval World/Administration Bldg. is also taking place. This provides a good view of how the train tracks were relocated for the addition of Small World. You can even see the old train tunnel that was/is located behind the Fantasyland Skyway Chalet. Thanks for sharing this great aerial shot, Dave!

Merry Christmas to you and all your readers!

William Bezek said...

That's a really big one Dave! What I find more interesting is the surrounding area, there is barely a city and I can see several orchards still in existence.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

WOW! Everything they said and more! I love to study these in fine detail, thanks for Christmas Eve high-res scan!

Major Pepperidge said...

Great aerial picture... like everyone else, I love the evidence of construction. What an exciting time at the park!

My computer access is limited now that I'm away from home, so I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas, Dave! Thanks for all of the amazing pictures that you share every day.