Saturday, December 19, 2009

Scholarly Saturdays: Encyclopaedia Britannica & Tomorrowland, Pt. 4



Welcome back to Tomorrowland! Susie and Bobby are wandering around looking for a fun attraction to try; they are sick and tired of the exhibits! Seems like they settled on the Phantom Boats—



I can almost hear the putter of the motor as they slowly (let me emphasize “slowly”) leave the dock area.





Okay, enough of that boring stuff...let’s try the Astro Jets!



Bobby’s ready for adventure, but little Susie looks pretty sheepish about the whole thing.





Return next Saturday for Part 5 of our trip back to Tomorrowland! See more Encyclopaedia Britannica photos at my website.

4 comments:

William Bezek said...

Oh yes! Life's a jolly holiday on the astro-jets...until someone pukes over the side.

Katella Gate said...

Those boats always reminded me of bedroom slippers with wings.

Major Pepperidge said...

Phantom Boats "boring"?? How could such a cool looking boat ever be boring?

Scholarly Saturdays, I feel smarter already!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Gentlemen. I want to give you a brief review of the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco.

1. It's wonderful. You all need to see it.

2. I can't post pictures, none are allowed inside and it was too dark by the time we got out. sorry.

3. The museum exhibits were the best use of video and projection displays I have ever seen. Worth a trip for this alone, even if you dont care about Disneyland.

Really took me back to my youth as a Disney fan, especially the giant model of Disneyland in the basement.

Best wishes to all for a happy holiday.

Monday, 21 December, 2009