Tuesday, December 08, 2009

48 Years Ago: December 1961, Pt. 4



This photographer is definitely a kindred spirit; he was riding the Matterhorn and took a few photos while the bobsled was in action. They may be blurry, but you have to give him an "A" for effort!



This one is my fave, showing the anticipation of an up-hill climb; I can hear the chain straining now!



And one more shot of the Matterhorn in action, with a closeup of the kids having a blast and screaming their heads off!





Here we see the Tomorrowland Skyway Station; our photographer did an excellent job of documenting his Skyway trip.



This closeup view shows a gasoline pump outside the Autopia:



And here is a point-of-view shot-by-shot trip on a Skyway bucket; this is as close as you can get to riding the Skyway nowadays.





I believe this shot was taken from the ground, but I’m still inserting it here as it affords a nice closeup of the Matterhorn and the Christmas star:



Cruising through the Matterhorn, the photographer caught the tip of a bobsled:





Emerging on the other side, we find ourselves in Fantasyland. What will we ride first once we land?



Hmmm....maybe we should have a Tuna Boat luncheon first!



See more Disneyland photos at my website.

9 comments:

Chiana_Chat said...

Wow! I love this post. He gets an A for effort and you get a bonus too for generously sharing these for everyone to enjoy. That top pic is just too cool isn't it? And the shots of the Matterhorn with the light rig on top are a delight to look at. Great shot from the ground. Fun set!

Daveland said...

Thanks Chiana - the photographer sure knew what to shoot, didn't he?

Thufer said...

That is a really good set of photo's. Some of those I have tried myself and they were just blurs. Congrats to them.

That 1st picture...can not put my finger on it. That entire angle is somewhat strange. Is that flipped perhaps? May just be me but sure looks to be an odd angle and view.

None the less, the usual wonderful offering and I did enjoy the bucket ride. Thank you.

Daveland said...

I believe you are right; I probably put it in the slide tray backwards!

TokyoMagic! said...

FANTASTIC shots!!!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Excellent series! That 1st pic is flipped, but I'm starting to think "flipped" photos add something special?

Man those Skyway shots are some of the best, I can even feel the motion of the Bucket!

100 Octane Boron Fuel, I'd love to get a hold of some of that!!!

Major Pepperidge said...

Great set of pics, especially the Matterhorn interior!

Katella Gate said...

The first picture isn't flopped. The speed of the bobsleds accidentally ripped thru to an alternate universe, where Spock has a goatee, and they pay *you* to visit the park.

Unknown said...

The Matterhorn lift chain shot is a great example of how you once just circled the perimeter of the mountain, instead of climbing inside it like today. Great pics!