Sunday, January 20, 2008

Motley Mystery Assortment


Today is definitely a bag of leftovers...often when I get a batch of slides/photos, there are some mystery images that either I can’t identify myself (oh the horror!) or that really don’t belong at Disneyland. This first photo is most likely near Casa de Fritos, which is now Rancho del Zocalo. Feel free to give corrections/additional info on this one. I have absolutely no clue on photo #2; might be Dland, might not, but it sure looks like a swingin’ trio of musical fun.



These 2 portraits are of the same lady, perhaps a band singer, perhaps a frustrated OC Housewife who wanted to visit Glamour Shots...I just don’t know. Thanks to Merlinsguy for identifying Betty Taylor of Golden Horseshoe fame in these 2 photos & to Viewliner/CoxPilot for the ID of Ray Anthony & Vikki Carr in the other band photo.





Final shot in my Mystery Medley is one of Dland Ambassador Connie Swanson, showing off the under-construction Small World Attraction Building, circa 1966:



Tomorrow, get yourself ready as the Daveland Time Machine will be traveling back to 1956! See more vintage Disneyland photos on my regular website.

7 comments:

Merlinsguy said...

The lady in the glamour shots sure looks like Betty Taylor (Slue Foot Sue) to me.

The Viewliner Limited said...

I don't know who they guy is at the frontierland bench - but I agree with merlinsguy that the 2 pictures of the lovely lady are definitely Betty Taylor. Although I do not know where it is but the trio picture is absolutely of Bandleader Ray Anthony and to the left of him is Vikki Carr. I don't know the girl on the right though (working on that one). Picture is probably late 1960's.

The Viewliner Limited said...

By the way Dave. It's Ray Anthony's birthday today. He was born on January 20th, 1922. Ray is alive and well and was married to Mamie Van Doren. What a guy!

CoxPilot said...

As I recall, Ray Anthony played at Disneyland at the Tomorrowland bandstand put up in front of the 20K exhibit. Not sure of the year, but maybe around 1964. This was the same area that Benny Goodman appeared with his band, and Jose Feliciano was there too as a warm-up act.

ps: Dave. No images are loading. Me or you?

The Viewliner Limited said...

To CoxPilot: I can't see images any longer either?

Bearride - Raymond said...

Aaaa! No images!! I'm going through withdrawls!!!!!!

Daveland said...

Hey all - sorry about the photos. My webhost "upgraded" their server a few days ago, and my site keeps getting incorrectly shut down for bandwidth; hope to have it fixed soon.