Thursday, September 02, 2010

Traveling Thursdays: Capri



Let’s jet-set over to Italy, to the Isle of Capri. If I could afford to retire here, oh what a life it would be! So quiet, so peaceful, so beautiful...this place is hard not to fall in love with.









Although it’s a little tight in the space department, cram yourself into one of these boats so that you can see the amazingly blue waters of the Blue Grotto.





When I traveled to Italy back in 2004, I had a regular film camera and shot about 900 photos in a week. I can only imagine how many I would shoot now with my digital camera. It boggles the mind.

See more Italy photos at my main website.

4 comments:

SKY PRINCESS said...

I have also been to Capri (just for a day) and it is wonderful. I would love to go and stay. Thanks for taking me back!

Katella Gate said...

Yes, Capri is beautiful, especially the cliffs. The Roman Emperor Tiberius admired them especially: Not only did they help make the island a natural fortress, they made it easy to get rid of political enemies, all of whom apparently had problems with their balance.

Chiana_Chat said...

Well you didn't do too shabby in the quality department Dave and that's what matters more. Both the overviews and closer shots are good, they convey such a warm peaceful sense. If I could as well I'd join you there, we could have nearby pads and meet to go to market and look at slides... and plan trips back to the states lol

Wow that's a gem of a shot at the Blue Grotto. Blur and all it looks kind of Impressionistic.

"I can only imagine how many I would shoot now with my digital camera."

I shutter to think!

An unfortunate coincidence, eh Katella? ;)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos!! I want to visit there.