Thursday, September 10, 2020

Vintage Mission Inn, Pt. 1


A few shots from 1951 showcasing one of my favorite historic (and extremely ecclectic) hotels, the Mission Inn located in Riverside, California. On a hot summer day like today, that pool sure looks good!


A vintage exterior shot; love that classic car. I know a few of my readers can ID it!


The entrance:


A blue classic convertible?!? Only thing missing for me is a rumble seat!


The entrance courtyard:


The same bell can still be found there:


See more vintage and contemporary Mission Inn photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Darryl said...

Ah, the Mission Inn! Such memories from my bellboy stint there in the early 80's. My wife and I also stayed there last year for a, ah, "significant" b-day for me on a whirlwind trip which included Death Valley, Vegas (Eagles concert!), the Del Coronado and of course D-Land! Lots of mysterious pathways, stairs, doorways to ? and all the architecture. Thanks Dave.

Daveland said...

I miss the days when most of those doorways weren't locked!

"Lou and Sue" said...

Dave, thanks for this post on the Mission Inn! I wasn't aware of this beautiful place, until now. I just looked at their website - and hope to see it, in person, in the near future. Now, I'm going to your main website to enjoy more photos of it.

Sue