Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Disneyland, December 1961, Pt. 1



I’m back...and with a few images from December 1961. Always be careful how you treat your friends and relatives. The pictures they take of you may find their way onto the internet. I am sure that if this lady is alive today, she could be put in jail for stealing the lampshade of her next door neighbor. Placing it on her head was an even bigger crime.

Here she is again, struggling and straining on the Flying Saucer attraction.



The poor dear...she can barely make it up the exit steps. She’ll need to head over to the Space Bar for a stiff drink. Oops! They don’t serve booze. Guess she’ll have to find a local watering hole in beautiful downtown Anaheim instead.



See more Disneyland photos at my main website.

5 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

I couldn't stop laughing! We...meaning my mom and older sisters...had hats like that!!! Hilarious! And thanks for posting a picture of one of my favorite childhood memories, the Flying Saucers.

SKY PRINCESS said...

I had forgotten the flying saucer ride! Thanks Dave!

G said...

My hubby was just talking about the flying saucer ride. He said it was so fun to hear the vents click as you would pass over them. I came to late and the saucers were gone when I first visited. About the booze, we take the monorail over to the hotel, go to the bar, have a stiff one or two, and hop back on the monorail and return to the "Happiest Place on Earth".

Daveland said...

Mike - When the Luigi's Tire attraction is completed, you'll get a second chance at the saucers. Supposedly, this ride is inspired by the Flying Saucer attraction.

G said...

That should be so cool. I can't get enough of Disneyland.