Monday, August 16, 2010

Club 33 Trip Report, Pt. 3



And we’re in! The buzzer at Club 33 was quickly answered by a cast member and our trio was whisked inside the fabled private restaurant at Disneyland in New Orleans Square. This time marked a first for me, as our group got to ride the elevator up to the second floor.

There is so much to see (and photograph!) in this beautifully appointed and detailed space that I was busy snapping away as we were taken to our corner table, conveniently located next to the french doors that lead to the patio.





I believe this table was a prop furnishing used in the movie “Mary Poppins.”









Those of you curious as to what is in the pantry, here’s a detailed view of the previous shot:



The table was beautifully set, featuring this gilded Club 33 charger front and center:



A shot of our group, graciously taken by our waiter:



I have previously dined at Club 33, and my usual response to those who ask about my experience is, “Beautiful restaurant, but the food and service is much better at Napa Rose.” I’m not sure what has happened in the three years since my last visit, but this time I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was out of this world, and so was the service. During past visits to Club 33, the waitstaff had acted aloof, as if they couldn’t be bothered with what the guests wanted. Not so during this dining experience; they were all very helpful and pleasant to interact with. As for the food...the rack of lamb was delish, and the Boston Cream Pie (à la Club 33 style) was out of this world. The three of us had one heckuva special evening.

The view from the balcony; and if you’re wondering where everyone is, the answer is: FANTASMIC!



As if the experience of eating at Club 33 wasn’t enough, we were able to have a bird’s eye view of Fantasmic and the infamous fire-breathing dragon!









Ever wonder what the inside of the men’s room looks like? Wonder no more, readers, as my investigative reporting knows no bounds of where I’ll take my camera.



My final shot of the evening at Club 33 was of this bust; not sure who it is, but I’m calling her Marie Antoinette. Makes sense, since it’s only her head. (ba-dum-pump)



It was getting late, and we still had a long drive back to San Diego. Stacy suggested we take a train ride back to Main Street (no arguments from me on that one!), which provided Jules with a view of the Dioramas.

The props at the Toon Town Depot sure look purty at night!





We headed over to the Disneyland Hotel, hoping to get some final shots of the waterfalls at night, but alas, they were already turned off for the evening. This was the only disappointment of the day. Not bad, huh?

Hope you enjoyed my recounting of this magical day for the three of us. View more Disneyland Club 33 photos at my main website.

14 comments:

Snow White Archive said...

Thanks for the tour Dave. Felt like I was almost there. Well done!

William Bezek said...

Hum? Will excursions into men's restrooms be a new feature here you randy boy! I believe that sculpture is Mme. du Barry, mistress to the king, or as the french say maîtresse-en-titre.

Daveland said...

Maybe that should be a new section on my Disneyland site: Bathrooms of the Park. Of course, I'll need to get a female for equal coverage!

stu29573 said...

Yep, that table is from the Banks' house in Mary Poppins. Very cool post!

Major Pepperidge said...

Great trip report, and those are some excellent pix of the Fantasmic! dragon.

TokyoMagic! said...

Excellent! Glad to hear that you found the food and service to be better this time around!

SuzyA said...

I loved this Dave! All your photos great to see, but the Men's Bathroom a true bonus :-)! It looked like you three had Club 33 all to yourselves. What an experience...and you say you've been there more than once, lucky!

Mark said...

Great to hear 33 is still great. Haven't been since 1981...

Mark
www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wondeful pictures!! Thanks for sharing. Happy Monday!

Connie Moreno said...

Love your posts! I try to dine at Club 33 at least once a year because I love it so much. I'm glad that you were pleasantly surprised this time. Did you have a late dinner? I've always wanted to have the seating but I can't eat that late. Getting old, LOL!
Oh and that picture showing the empty street below - eerie!

Connie Moreno said...

P.S. We can do a combined effort on the bathroom report. Call me strange but I have always taken pictures of the bathrooms at Disneyland!!! AND..I always wondered what the men's bathroom in Club 33 looked like!

Daveland said...

Connie - That's a deal! We should do a day at the park together and cover all the restrooms! Our dinner was at 8pm, which was the last seating that night.

Chiana_Chat said...

Ah love's in the air! And it all started with documenting Disneyland bathrooms. hehe just teasing you two (Dave & Connie)

Seriously though my fav pic is that balcony shot. Love it. Bet you could've lingered there a while if you were only able, a great scene.

Skinny Arbuckle said...

okay dave, seriously. i am dying to go to dland with you. i can't believe you aren't calling me!!!!! ;-)

actually, i can believe it.