Sunday, August 01, 2010

Disneyland 22nd Anniversary: July 17, 1977, Pt. 2



This particular shot was the main reason I bought this collection of negatives; I love the bright colors and detailing of the Bertha Mae Keel Boat.

The family attempts to navigate the Suspension Bridge; for me, the higher the number of guests on the bridge, the higher the chance that I will feel like hurling up my churro.



Nothing says “Sexy 70’s” like a polyester shirt with epaulettes, unbuttoned to the navel with a hairy chest and gold chain poking out; too bad the young Farrah lookalike at the bottom was cut-off...I think she would have been much more interesting to look at!



2 Carrousel Cuties!





See more Disneyland photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

If the Keel Boats were still running, would they ever ben that crowded nowadays? Maybe in the summer...

I hate that they got rid of them.

TokyoMagic! said...

Speaking of getting rid of something....how is it possible that this family got rid of these slides? Wasn't there one person still around that cared to keep these? I guess they could have already transferred them digitally, huh?

Thanks again for these, Dave. The seventies rule!

Connie Moreno said...

I was wondering the same thing - how do all those photos and slides end up....where? Thrift shops? Yard sales? Tell me so I can start looking, too! I promise to share.