Sunday, December 07, 2008

Disneyland in Glorious B&W, 1955, Pt. 3



I’m guessing that this first shot was taken from inside the Crystal Arcade; these other Main Street U.S.A. shots of the little girls are just priceless, as are their outfits!



I see a vintage stroller creeping into the frame on the left-hand side of this shot:





This fun interior view, which also shows the reflection of our photographer in the mirror, was taken inside of the Cole of California swimwear shop at the end of Main Street U.S.A.:



Here’s an exterior view of the shop for you:



Although the entry has been modified, the structure still stands today as part of the Penny Arcade:



See more vintage & current Main Street U.S.A. photos at my regular website.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

The pics of the little girls are cute, I wonder what they are waving their arms at?? Kids, they're crazy!

TokyoMagic! said...

These are wonderful. I especially like the one taken from inside the Crystal Arcade and the one taken inside the swimwear shop. I wonder how much swimwear they sold? I wonder how many locks the Yale shop sold?

Anonymous said...

Pedal pushers and saddle shoes. Wow.