Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Classic B&W, June 1957, Pt. 7


Let’s board our Pirate Ship on the Peter Pan Dark Ride attraction in Fantasyland and whisk off to Neverland. Peter Pan is about to go down for a refurbishment; awhile ago, the rumor was that Fantasyland’s most popular dark ride was going to get larger Ships that could carry two rows of guests instead of one, thus increasing the capacity. Shot #2 is a lovely view of Main Street U.S.A. at night, practically devoid of guests.


And that, dear readers, is the end of this 2nd black & white series. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post as I just might bring a little color back into this blog. See more vintage Disneyland photos at my regular website.

2 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

I think Paris' Peter Pan has a back seat on their vehicles...or is it WDW?

Dave, I forgot to mention that I went to Roger's Garden's a few weeks back and saw their updated sign for the original Disneyland Bandstand that uses your photographs. Very nice!

Daveland said...

That is definitely on my "to-do" list for 2009. Thanks for the reminder!