Thursday, August 09, 2012

Disneyland July 1962, Pt. 2



Our hot summer in Anaheim is about to get a little cooler, thanks to the splash of the Matterhorn!



Let's zoom in to see the actual impact and splash!



This has to be one of my very favorite Skull Rock images.



And here's why: this little kid is just relaxing, eating his potato chips, and contemplating how lucky he is to be at Disneyland!



Our July 1962 photographer also shot the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship Restaurant:



Check out the red on this kid; shoes, shirt, AND socks! I'd say red was his favorite color!



Last one for today is bound to make you dizzy; Major - if only I could show this one in Wigglevision!



See more vintage and current Disneyland photos on my Disneyland photo web pages.

6 comments:

Thufer said...

I love that top picture. Thanks.

Connie Moreno said...

I can't quite put my finger on WHY but this blog post has to be one of your best ever. Those pictures made me feel like I was 7 again. Especially that first shot - man oh man, I was TERRIFIED of those round buckets. Mind you, I was a little kid but while seated in them, I felt that the bar wasn't high enough and that I could easily fall out especially when the ride vehicle went past the pylons. I still shudder thinking about it!!

Major Pepperidge said...

The first picture is especially awesome, what a great angle. For a second I thought that one man was not wearing a shirt!

As for wiggle-vision, I'm guessing that people can only take it in small doses.. there is something about it that makes people queasy.

K. Martinez said...

The Potato Chip Kid is great.

Anonymous said...

Incredibly good photos, and I like the size of them in you post. They bring back a lot of memories for me, and make me feel like I'm back there again.

Thanks Dave: CoxPilot

Knott'sAfterDark said...

These photos are outstanding, Dave!! The first photo was taken at the perfect split second, in which that gorgeous vintage bobsled appears in the tunnel!