Thursday, November 11, 2010

Traveling Thursdays: The Venetian Hotel in Vegas



It’s official; I have a favorite hotel (so far) in Vegas, and it’s The Venetian. In the past I’ve stayed at The Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, Paris, and Caesar’s on my various trips to Sin City. What does the Venetian have that the others don’t? First, I love the architecture and theme. The Paris Hotel is okay, but for me, there’s just something about it that misses the mark and looks more faux than French.





What an entrance! Hard not to have your jaw drop when you walk down this hallway off the lobby. Make no mistake; it cannot compare to the Sistine Chapel or any of the other works of art in Italy, but for those who can’t see the real thing, it’s damn impressive.





This is probably my favorite part of the hotel itself; the indoor shops and waterway with Gondola are done to perfection. It is truly difficult to manage a sense of time with this indoor area that is constantly lit like a sunny day.



The rooms/suites are tasteful without being over-the-top; I loved the sunken living room as well as the furnishings.





For entertainment, The Venetian also has “Phantom of the Opera.” A spectacular show on Broadway is even more impressive in Vegas. I dare you not to flinch as the chandelier drops overhead at 35 mph!







The Venetian also has its shares of delicious restaurants, including Valentino and Bouchon:





My mouth is watering…



And you CAN’T pass up Madame Tussaud’s, where they encourage you to touch and pose with the wax figures!



Do you prefer youthful and sexy Elvis?



or paunchy Elvis from the later years…



Some of the statues will make you look twice...they are THAT convincing!





See more Las Vegas photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

Oh I agree with you completely! It is a wonderful place to stay! The restaurants are divine! I can hardly wait to go back, LOL.

Major Pepperidge said...

I need to get to Vegas again.

Those wax figures are pretty great!

G said...

We love staying at the Venetian also. There are so many good things about it. Our favorite "must see" show is Blue Man Group.