Tuesday, November 09, 2010

DL & A Gaggle of Gals, Pt. 1 Trip Report



For parkgoers, Disneyland can often be a stressful place; high admission prices and large crowds add to the anxiety as guests attempt to ride as many attractions as possible, hoping to get maximum value for their hard-earned dollar. Personally, some of my best times at the park occur when I do very little and instead, enjoy the smaller details. This particular visit was such a day. With a great group of friends, we started the day off with....no, not a mad rush to an attraction or a fast pass machine, but instead to the Wine Country Trattoria Restaurant in California Adventure. Even though I was the designated driver, I enjoyed my lasagna & water lunch on the patio as the gaggle of gals downed sangria.



I’d never noticed this plaque amongst the vines before:



A quick stop at Blue Sky preview center next door yielded these photos of the upcoming Little Mermaid attraction:











Your clamshell vehicle awaits!



And a few shots of the actual attraction building and how it is progressing:





Cars Land continues to make progress, as the U.S. flag was added this week in a topping-off ceremony:





Most of the group had never seen “Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular” over at the Hyperion Theater. Knowing it would be a wow, I suggested that as our next stop. Even though the magic carpet wasn’t working at this particular show, the gaggle of gals loved it. The genie had them rolling with his topical ad-libs.









Next up: Toy Story Midway Mania! A quick pose by the Christmas tree on the way (is it really almost the holidays???)...



There were 2 virgins in our group (as far as the attraction was concerned), and they sure had fun:



This toy not recommended for children:



PS: Great photo opp that doesn’t cost a thing!

Countdown to Electronica:



Electronica is “literally cleaning” up at DCA!



Next we park-hopped for a visit with Abe (Chris, I am still humming “Two Brothers!”):





...and some POTC and Haunted Mansion Holiday fun:







The Gaggle of Gals give their best pumpkin imitation:

















Stay tuned for Part 2! See more Disneyland and Disney California Adventure photos at my main website.

6 comments:

Disney On Parole said...

Wow Dave,
Thanks for the trip through the parks.
I feel like I just spent the day there.
Minus the Lines and crowds! lol
It's always fun to spend the day with a "Gaggle of Gals" that just want to have Fun!!!

Connie Moreno said...

How fun! And how fun was this post! Nice shots and it blew me away to see a Christmas tree already in DCA. Yikes!

TokyoMagic! said...

LOL...now I've got the song in my head and I haven't even seen Lincoln for several months now!

JG said...

My favorite DCA restaurant, but come on, water and lasagna?

A teeny sip of vino couldn't hurt with all that walking ahead.

Dave, you're so responsible. Glad you had a good time and thank you for sharing with us.

JG

Daveland said...

JG - It's a 2 hour drive home and we didn't leave the park until 11pm...WAAAAAY past my bedtime!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

NICE!!!! Dang - your photos are amazing! The Haunted Mansion graveyard shots are superb, its as if the ride stopped and you just snapped away!

Two Brothers on their way
One wore blue
And one wore grey..... *Brutal*!

Each time you photograph DCA it looks more appealing to me, do you work for Disney???