Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Storybook Land Map Art



A little correction to yesterdays post; I had described the first photo as concept art; turns out it was a view from the take-off/landing film. I had two readers inform me of that fact; one reader also sent the following photo:



Might I also note that Jason from the Compendium was not one of those readers; he must have been napping on the job. Meanwhile, over in Storybook Land, this humongous map was used as a promotional tool when this attraction first opened:





Here you can see a black and white photo of the art created for this Storybook:



See more Disneyland Storybook Land photos at my website.

4 comments:

Jason Schultz said...

I was distracted by the nice interior shot of the waiting area!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

As a kid I never appreciated Storybook or Casey Jr., now they are among my favorites. Thanks for that cool b & w photo of the humongous map, it really shows how the two attractions interconnect and it shows booth ticket booths!!!

Major Pepperidge said...

I wonder if that Storybook Land sign is somewhere in the Disney archives?

Jason Schultz said...

I kind of doubt that the sign is in the Walt Disney Archives--they tend to collect only so many artifacts, and the smaller the better. The fact that the sign's useful life ended 14 years before the Archive's founding also greatly decreases what slim chance there might have been.

I would expect, however, the original artwork is preserved at WDI, but I have no knowledge if that is correct.