Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mr. Toad, August 1956



Can’t you just hear what’s going on in these 2 kids’ heads? “Dad, stop taking pictures—I want to ride Mr. Toad!” Fortunately for us, 53 years later, Dad didn’t listen. Compare the old façade with how Mr. Toad looks today. Yup, I’d say big improvement! On a recent trip in January, the Hell section of Mr. Toad was extra hot & steamy, almost like a sauna! How cool (well, not literally cool); everyone commented on how they'd never experienced that before. When I returned a month later, the temperature was back to its normal semi-mildly humid condition.



See more Disneyland Mr. Toad attraction photos at my website.

3 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

While the new facade is a huge improvement, I prefer the "old" Mr. Toad, check him out in the portrait above the old entrance, he looks more gritty & wild... Thanks Dave!

Major Pepperidge said...

Señor Toad es mas macho

Doug said...

I was so sad to see that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was no longer in Orlando on my recent road trip there. Riding it when I was 10 was one of my fondest memories of the Florida park. Luckily I can still ride it Anaheim - and hopefully it will stay put forever and not get converted into a subpar replacement.