Friday, July 25, 2008

September 1958: Pt. 2



I still have a few more 9/58 photos up my sleeve, and today will be posting three. #1 shows the entrance/exit area to the park (thrilling, I know!), and #2 takes us into Tomorrowland with a view of the Autopia. Our photographer appears to be about 2 feet tall, unable to stand much higher than the rail that obviously needs a little TLC and some paint.



Last one for today shows the Spaceman and Spacegirl with the Crane Bathroom of Tomorrow in the background. That boy on the right wearing plaid looks like trouble...like something out of "Leave it to Beaver." He could be Eddie Haskell’s distant cousin, but don’t quote me on that. And please don’t miss the little tyke in the stroller in the lower righthand corner; he’s the one giving dad the snake-eye.



In the New Find Department, Chris Jepsen pointed out one to me at the Disneyland Hotel last weekend; the miniature Jungle Cruise attraction called "Safari Adventure." How’d you like one of these in your backyard?!?







Get your tokens, folks, it looks like fun!





See more vintage & current Disneyland photos at my regular website.

5 comments:

Jason Schultz said...

Safari Adventure is missing the Dominguez Palm!

Unknown said...

Wow...

Words escape me.

Dave, can you slip the model under your shirt? Hurry, while I distract the token taker!

Major Pepperidge said...

Love the photos from '58 (taken by Billy Barty), particularly that 3rd one!

Nice details from the Hotel, which I never go to!! That looks like a fun little Safari Adventure.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Neat black & white's, the little girl on the left in photo #3 looks like she is up to no good too! Billy Barty - MAJOR, you crack me up!

Kevin Kidney said...

Jungle Cruise meets Storybookland!

I'll have to go check it out. Thanks Dave!