Monday, July 21, 2008

June 25, 1966: Pt. 1



Same photographer, different day. Starting off in Town Square, I have included a detail shot of the sign outside of City Hall.



Here’s a slightly blurry one of the Square itself:



Moving over to Adventureland, we have a mixed bag of quality for the Treehouse:









I took a ton ’o pics this weekend...we’re talking a ton. I will be posting a bunch this week, so you vintage die-hards will just have to suffer through. This little series shows the new Monorail cruising through the park. I really love the new design, and I am glad that the kinks have finally been ironed out. I rode in both the cone and the regular area (not at the same time though!), and enjoyed both trips.

















See more vintage and current Disneyland Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse photos at my regular website.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Really great images of the monorail!

Major Pepperidge said...

Yep, the new Monorail is a winner for sure. I've heard gripes about air-conditioning problems, but I'm sure that can be dealt with in some way.

Isn't the Golden Gate Bridge going to be removed? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Katella Gate said...

>Isn't the Golden Gate Bridge going to be removed? I thought I heard that somewhere.<

Yes, that's the current thinking about the reconfiguration of the DCA entrance: Remove the tile-postcard entrance facades, remove the Golden Gate bridge and Sun Icon in the entry plaza, and then "reconfigure". I am not sure what has been proposed to take their places, but the entrance will temporarily be moved west thru the present desert airport section.

Daveland said...

Major - I rode the Monorail in the un-airconditioned portion on Saturday; no problem...didn't seem uncomfortable at all. So far, the only "complaints" i've heard about the heat in the Monorail were from people who have been speculating. Actually, I thought the Cone areas were TOO cold!

Mr. Mouse Monthly said...

Awesome signage!! I want those SFTH signs for the rooms in my house!