Friday, April 24, 2009

November 1959: In Living Color



As the countdown to my 1000th post draws nearer, I decided to share some of the REALLY good stuff with you Daveland readers. This 11/59 series ranks amongst the best of the best of my collection and I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

This initial series post begins at the Disneyland Hotel, as our subject stands with some very classic vintage autos! In shot 2, she has just gotten off the tram and is ready for a day of fun at the park. Hope her buddy stops taking pictures soon; looks like she’s already missed the train at the station! That tram looks like it could probably plow the fields at the farm, too.



Let’s zoom in for a closer look at those choice attraction posters in the background. The right of her head, you can see the Sub poster, and right next to that is the rarely seen Disneyland Hotel poster. Somebody needs to tell the guy in the brown jacket that there’s no smoking on the tram! Oh wait...that message is about 30 years too soon.



See more Disneyland photos at my website.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Come on, we all know that smoking is cool!

If this 11/59 set is among your best, then it's gonna knock our socks off!

Katella Gate said...

Need I say the most magical place for a 5 year old kid to sit was wedged right behind the wheel well?

Can you image I could ever fit behind the wheel well?

walterworld said...

Hotel Disneyland shots are always the best. Thanks for saving them.

Congrats on your 1000th post (upcoming)...

Not sure how you find the time but very glad you do!