Thursday, February 16, 2017

Welcome to Puckett's



Sporting five locations, I was completely unaware of Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant until my recent visit to Nashville. The location I visited was brand spanking new; in fact, it wasn't even officially open yet. Thanks to my very persuasive friend Michelle, we were able to crash their soft opening and enjoy their amazing (yet fairly unhealthy) menu. Starting out as a grocery store back in the fifties, Puckett's focuses on "providing friends new and old with great food and Southern hospitality." I'd say that they succeed.



Even though things were still a bit new and there were a few bugs to iron out, the staff was super friendly and the food was delicious (definitely worth the wait!). I also really dug the decor, which was an eclectic mix of vintage signage and antiques.







We were all a bit creeped out by the little guy poking his finger in the bread.



Check out the cool ceiling!



Now bring on the food! Fried green beans were a great appetizer:



I chose the Piggy Mac and Cheese for dinner. Gouda cheese...barbeque pulled pork...and fortunately it was appropriately sized. Otherwise, my arteries might have clogged on site.



And for dessert...nothing less than the deep fried brownie sundae would do. And yes, that's a huge slice of candied bacon on top.



This is why I run and work out.

More from Puckett's at my main website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Puckett's is wonderful. Glad you found that spot.

I love Nashville.

JG