Thursday, February 23, 2017

La La Land and Hermosa Beach



I just crossed another one off my list of locations used in the film "La La Land." The Lighthouse Cafe is a real place, near the Hermosa Beach Pier. It really looks about the same from what you see in the movie.



What you see though is the back of the location; here's what the front looks like:



And here's the Pier as seen in the movie:



versus reality:



I think I'll take fantasy...and not just because Ryan Gosling is in the shot. I have read that the city is considering putting vintage lights on the pier to make it look more like the movie. That would definitely be an improvement as the pier looks fairly sterile in its every day incarnation.

More Los Angeles photos at my main website.

3 comments:

K. Martinez said...

The back of the Lighthouse Cafe looks more beautiful and interesting than the front. I'll have to check out "La La Land" but want to see "Moonlight" as well. Thanks, Dave.

Matthew said...

Great post Dave! Glad you can check another one off the list. I would like to see this list you speak of some day. :)

Always your pal,
Amazon Belle

Darryl said...

Interesting, thanks Dave. And I was able to get Google to add the "Another day in the sun" freeway location on their maps...load the LA map on your screen and search "another day in the sun"...although the street view shows the freeway below and not the ramp above.