Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Japanese Dancers at Magnolia Park



These Japanese dancers from December 1961 are performing at the Magnolia Park bandstand, located approximately where the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse would be built in less than a year.



These are the most "recent" shots in my collection before the bandstand was removed from the park and shipped off to Roger's Gardens in Corona Del Mar.



I had to zoom in for a closeup of the outfits.





More vintage Magnolia Park photos my main website.

3 comments:

Chuck said...

I wonder what happened to those benches in front of the bandstand. I hope they were dispersed throughout the Park.

Matthew said...

Dave,

How many of you remember the old "Festival of..." days at Disneyland. I remember going to Disneyland in the late 70's early 80's when the Park would invite foreign countries to bring their culture to the Park. I didn't fully appreciate those days back then... maybe only stopping for a moment to watch the dancers or hear the music. Too many attractions to see. These photos are great and thanks for zooming in on the costumes.

Always your pal,
Amazon Belle

walterworld said...

Fantastic!

Wow, I knew about Magnolia Park but have never seen pictures like these that brought it home so well.

Thanks Dave