Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Austin, Texas: Keepin' It Weird!



I really do like weird...so it definitely brought a smile to my face to see Austin Texas’ slogan plastered everywhere: “Keep Austin Weird!” I have enjoyed both trips to Austin, but weird is definitely not the first word that comes to mind when I think of this city. However, if that’s their marketing schtick, I’ll go along with it...



One of my fave new discoveries on this trip was the fun Cupcake shop, located inside an Airstream Trailer: what a classic! The lines were humongous!



Esther’s Follies were also VERY fun...especially being able to watch the entertainment (both planned and unplanned) outside in the street.





There are also plenty of art and kitsch stores nearby:



For more Daveland Austin photos, visit my regular website.

No comments: