Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Rejuvenation in Room 11



After one crap-dinger of a month, I decided to go retreat to my favorite zen hideaway: The Chateau Marmont. This time, my sanctuary was Room 11.



Immediately, I felt like I was at home. Fresh flowers in the tiled foyer.



Did I mention tile?



A panoramic view of the living room. Clean. Tasteful. Understated.



An HDR shot gives the room a warm glow:



This is one desk I enjoy sitting at. Yes…a selfie. Can't remember the last time I was this relaxed.



Another panoramic shot of the living room, taken from the other side:



The mirrored french doors lead into the bedroom:



Ah…tranquility. Nothing beats the sheets and pillows at the Chateau. The cashmere blanket at the foot of the bed is yet another luxurious touch.



The tour is not over yet. Down the hallway…



is the kitchen.



Tea anyone?



Just a bit further down the hallway is the bathroom, complete with a movie-star style lit vanity:



I used both the shower AND the claw foot bathtub. Soaking in it removed all my stress, for the time being at least.



The branded amenities awaited my use inside of the mirrored medicine cabinet:



Evening turn-down service meant the heavenly scent of this candle would permeate my room.



No arguments here.



If only the weekend could have lasted a bit longer. Still, I'll take any amount of tranquility I can grab while I can!

See more Daveland Chateau Marmont photos at my main website.

1 comment:

Connie Moreno said...

Oh....MAN!!! Thank you for sharing this! I have always wondered what it looked like in there!! So beautiful!