Thursday, January 11, 2018

Is it live or is it...



This October 1962 image is a new acquisition to the Daveland collection. I am still going to guess that this "animal" is of the taxidermied vs. the "live" variety. A closeup of the nearby signage:



Here are the other images I have of the same image. I'll let you decide if Walt actually had a real animal on display or not. August 1956:



1956:



1950s:



July 1967:



I think it's pretty safe to say that by the time Walt acquired this beast, it had already been "put to pasture."

See more vintage Disneyland Indian Village photos at my main website.

2 comments:

K_Shark said...

That bison is super small.

Fifthrider said...

Definitely mounted. I see no "trample" on the ground below the feet, a real hoofstock would be pacing all day. I don't see that rope around the horn being enough to stop it from doing anything. ...and it's legs and head never change position so there's that. Im' with K_Shark, that thing's small. Kind of a nice photo-op, but also the sort of thing that Walt never seemed fond of ( stuffed animals ) so strange to see it in the park.