Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Casey Junior Ticket Booth Signage



The sign on the Casey Junior Ticket Booth didn't look familiar to me so of course I had to obtain this 1960 photo. I am a self-admitted signage geek.

Combing through my collection I found this December 1961 shot:



Zooming in, you can get a much better idea of what was on the sign:



In this contemporary shot, the Ticket Booth appears a bit smaller than in the vintage shots; perhaps it was modified or completely rebuilt at some point:



See more Daveland Casey Junior photos at my main website.

1 comment:

K. Martinez said...

It looks the same to me. Maybe it's the angle that makes it appear smaller.

I don't care for the newer tacked on sign on the Casey Jr. "ticket booth" station. It covers of the architectural lines of the roof.

Perhaps an old fashioned railroad water tower with lettering would've been a cooler way to identify the attraction.