Thursday, May 19, 2011

Traveling Thursdays: MORE New York City



Some more random photos from my recent whirlwind trip to New York City. The first photo shows the exterior apartment used for the classic movie “Breakfast at Tiffany's” starring Audrey Hepburn.

The Plaza Hotel is an NYC landmark; the colors of sunset enhance what is already a beautiful building.



Never wanting to do what is expected of me, I decided to shoot the back of Paul Manship's Prometheus sculpture at Rockefeller Center. Note the bird on his head.



The nearby statue of Atlas by is one of my faves, designed and cast in 1936 by Lee Lawrie and Rene Chambellan.



Hands down, The Chrysler Building is my favorite piece of architecture in New York City. It is a gleaming treasure of Art Deco magic!



A little late in the game apparently, I finally discovered Serendipity. This is the restaurant that was also seen in the film of the same name.



For artery-clogging goodness, be sure to get Strawberry Fields Forever for dessert.



Does this giant keyboard at FAO Schwarz look familiar?



It wasn't marked quite so significantly when it was used by Tom Hanks and Robert Loggia in “Big.”



See more New York City photos at my main website.

4 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Great Plaza Hotel shot - ate breakfast there in 1982, I think I'm still paying for it!!!

The Strawberry Fields Forever dessert looks like pure heaven!

Connie Moreno said...

OH SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JG said...

Great picture of Atlas, I'd love to have something like that for a profile pic.

But who else has a space helmet, right?

Thank You Dave.

JG

Crosby Kenyon said...

You had me with the mention of Audrey Hepburn. BTW, are you familiar with the blog All The Buildings In New York? It's in Apr. 2011 Blogs of Note.