Friday, November 28, 2008

Mine Train & The Dwarves



A few months ago, I acquired a batch of slides with some shots of the Mine Train from the 1950’s; handwritten on this first one shown here was "Seven Dwarves.” This was the first time I’d seen any mention of the cactus representing characters from “Snow White.” Here are the rest of the images from that batch. Please pardon the funky exposures!









Sorry for a somewhat lackluster post; I am still navigating through my Thanksgiving feast induced food coma.DVD/Blu-ray update: “The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian” is coming out next week on December 2nd. This installment is a little darker than its predecessor, which is probably why I like it better!



See more vintage & current Disneyland photos at my regular website.

3 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

No lacklusterness detected, however, I too am working my way out of the turkey coma! The cactus' in the first photo don't look very "seven dwarves" like, they look more like a bunch of beatniks!

CoxPilot said...

I don't think there was ever a sign indicating that the cactus' were the 7 dwarves, but I do remember that the spiel on the trail DID make some job about it.

Great find! Had forgotten all about those little critters.

Major Pepperidge said...

I think I only knew that they were referred to as the 7 dwarves because of a Viewmaster packet.

It's always great to see Mine Train images!