Thursday, November 07, 2019

Portland Adventures, Pt. 5: The Pittock Mansion



I’d never heard of it before, but thankfully a coworker and friend clued me into the existence of the Pittock Mansion in Portland. This 46-room French Renaissance-style château was finished in 1914 as a private home for publisher Henry Pittock and his wife. Surrounded by 46 acres it is now owned by Portland's Bureau of Parks and Recreation.

Unfortunately, it was not open by the time we arrived. Regardless, even the grounds and the exterior of the house were worth the visit.



The views from here were crazy incredible:



Framed by the fall foliage, I could have spent a few hours here. Oh wait...I did!





And the details...you all know how I love my details.





I was able to get one "interior" shot through a window. Next time…



See more Pittock Mansion photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Darryl said...

And not one photo of a lamp! Your therapy must be working! ;-)

Daveland said...

Not really - I took 2 shots of exterior lights...but neither one of the lights themselves was all that exciting!