Thursday, November 28, 2019

Giving Thanks



While some may be spending time waging a #WarOnThanksgiving, here at Daveland I’m grateful for the opportunity to give thanks for all the blessings in my life. Regardless of the reasons of Thanksgiving’s origins, I believe it’s always good to stop and reflect and think about the good things that abound in one’s life, as it is often too easy to focus on those gray clouds. Today’s first photo shows Mom at the family Thanksgiving table, circa 1939. I love this shot; the family gathering, the bountiful harvest, and the quintessential Norman Rockwell image of the turkey being carved.

I am most grateful for my little ride-or-die partner: Willis.



Our long weekend walks:



The days he comes with me to work (and grateful for that privilege, too!):



His diligent protection of our home:





Yup. He’s pretty much the best!



What are you most thankful for this year?

See more Daveland photos at my main website.

7 comments:

Mark said...

Being a man of faith, I'm most thankful for Jesus. But I'm also thankful for family, friends, and Dave, people like you who make the Disney fan community special. Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Mark
Insights and Sounds

Daveland said...

Thanks Mark - much appreciated!

"Lou and Sue" said...

Mark, we echo your sentiments!

Happy Thanksgiving, Dave and Everyone!

Chuck said...

Can I just say "ditto?" :-)

Daveland said...

Chuck - A ditto is definitely ok here! Thanks Lou & Sue!

Fifthrider said...

Cool seeing all those shots with you and Melissa touring places and her final "surprise" but somehow seeing Willis get a nod on Thanksgiving strikes a chord with me. Our pets have a loyalty, dedication and love that is unparalleled. Thankful here too.

Daveland said...

Thanks Bryan - you definitely “get” it!