Sunday, December 17, 2006

Fantasyland Medley



Here’s an undated early morning shot through the archways of the Castle into Fantasyland (one of my favorite views). I have also included a closeup of what I assume is a ticketbooth? And from January, 1958, here are two adorable shots from the Midget Autopia







For the not-so-grand finale, a 1950's undated view of the teacups, including a close-up of the Mickey Mouse Club Theater area and Welch’s Juice Bar. I have always read that the Tiki Room was the first air-conditioned attraction, but based on this signage, it would appear that the Mickey Mouse Club Theater (which became the Fantasyland Theater in 1964) might take claim to that honor.





See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland Fantasyland photos at my main website.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool shot of welch's with that wonderful, and now extinct, painted mural just out of view... you're killing me.

DisneyDutchman said...

Hello Dave!! I can comment again!!!
Don't know what Bloger's problem was but I'm glad its finally worked out!!! Love those midget autopia shots. They capture what Disneyland is all about!! The pure joy in those kids faces is so awsome!! Thanks so much for your posts during my forced hiatus. Keep it up, awsome pics!!! DD

Major Pepperidge said...

More amazing photos. And check out the poster for the Mickey Mouse Club 3-D Jamboree in front of the Fantasyland Theater!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Nice images as usual. James- the best image I have seen of the mural was a photograph that was on display at Disneyland on Main Street for a while. Also there is a corporate history of Welch's that shows the mural as well.