Wednesday, December 06, 2006

DLRR, 1950’s



Since Jordan hasn't posted since November, I guess it’s safe to post another parking lot pic without fear of him going into some kind of seizure. I have also included a closer cropping to better show the railroad



Pic 2 is a good reminder of how much the landscaping has grown over the years. I am assuming this one is from the parking lot area as you go towards the park? I had also assumed that shot 3 was from the late 50's since the car mentions the Grand Canyon. The experts at Burnsland.com told me the passenger car was named that and that it had nothing to do with the Diorama installation of 1958. So, judging by the scrawny plantings & bunting, this one is probably from July of 1955. In fact, it was the Grand Canyon Passenger Car that was later transformed into the Lilly Belle.





My last one is from the Mark Twain and shows the E.P. Ripley cruising on by; again, an undated slide, but probably 1955.



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland Railroad photos at my main website.

1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

Daveland is the man with the endless supply of 1950's Disneyland images!!