Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Entering Disneyland, September 1956



Most Disneyland fanatics know about the iconic entrance sign, but this rare September 1956 image shows the lesser known letters above the parking lot entrance.

From the same batch comes this entrance of two ladies, most likely waiting for the gents to finish parking the car! Just look at those lines at the entrance, 56 years before Cars Land was a blip on the radar!



See more vintage and current Disneyland Entrance photos on my DL Entrance web page.

8 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Is that the famous Katella gate?

K. Martinez said...

I could be wrong, but this looks like the Harbor entrance to me. I remember the Katella gate being smaller.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dave. I remember that gate and the parking was 25 cents at the time of my arrival. Katella gate was smaller..perhaps just two lanes as my memory conjures up.

P.T. said...

Can I ask where you got the photo of those two ladies? The brunette looks just like my grandmother who visited the park in 1956. I'll have to show her the photo next time I see her!

Jill M said...

Great pictures! I wonder if those fancy ladies regretted their footwear choices later in the day. I can't imagine walking around DL all day in heels!

Daveland said...

PT: Good ol' ebay. Let me know if it's your grandma!

Connie Moreno said...

Oh these are wonderful!!!

Janey said...

I'm in love with that gate photo! It's fabulous!

xoxo
-Janey