Sunday, June 12, 2011

1959 BW Negatives



This post showcases a number of images from a set of 1959 BW negatives. Unfortunately, the first one of Scary Minnie is out of focus. I have included a full-color image of her in an attempt to pacify any picky readers who might be lurking out there. Note that Scary Minnie in this image has no bow on her head.



The Dapper Dans are cycling past the Upjohn Pharmacy on a bicycle made for four; wonder if they changed the lyrics of the classic song ("Bicycle Made For Two") to fit?



A Trio of Lovelies Castle; based on the arm on the left-hand side of the photo, I am guessing that somewhere there is another photo taken at the same moment that might exist:



Dumbo, The Matterhorn, and the Original Skyway buckets...sigh.



You don't really need color to show off a gray Patrick Henry Sub:



This photo of Wally Boag & The Can Can Girls performing live was posted the other day, but thought I'd include it again since it is part of this batch:



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my main website.

5 comments:

Thufer said...

From Scary Minnie to the Patrick Henry all decked out in his ah humm her Gray (just a lovely shade of gray I may add; Disneyland in 1959 must have been special. It would be another 4 years before I would file pass the gate, rush under the tunnel and suspend my disbelief.
That pose in front of the castle is just glorious. I really like those hats.
Nice set of pictures as always.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Yes, that pose in front of the castle is extra nice, all are excellent! I like Dapper Dans one too, I wonder if they were singing?

Jason Schultz said...

From that second photo, it looks like the early parking lot didn't have any lighting(!).

Connie Moreno said...

Gosh, these are so cool! I love the blouse the young lady is wearing (extreme right) in front of the castle.

I couldn't stop laughing at Scarey Minnie. In the color photo, Mickey can barely be seen behind her leaning on the trash can. LOL!!

Melissa said...

"The Dapper Dans are cycling past the Upjohn Pharmacy on a bicycle made for four; wonder if they changed the lyrics of the classic song ("Bicycle Made For Two") to fit?"

They probably just sang it twice and let the audience do the math.