Sunday, January 09, 2011

December 1963: Frontierland



This colorful batch of December 1963 images starts out with my favorite faux-wooden Indian. This building has seen some minor changes over the years:



Our photographer hung out at the Mark Twain Dock, and then took a few shots around the Rivers of America.



Have I ever stated how much I miss Cascade Peak?





The bright colors of Rainbow Ridge and The Mine Train practically leap off the page:



Zooming in to see Jeremiah Colt's shop and The Nature's Wonderland Railroad:



I dare you to try to take that ticketbook out of this guy's pocket...I double dare ya!



See more Disneyland Frontierland photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The guy in the last pic looks a little like Don DeFore.

Major Pepperidge said...

Looks like there are little red Christmas lights in the window in that first one....

JG said...

Don't take any wooden indians.

JG