Saturday, June 19, 2010

Screen Gem Saturdays: Breaking Away, Pt. 2



As a followup to my most recent post, I was fortunate enough to attend the 20th Anniversary re-premiere event in Bloomington (give or take a year!), Indiana back in 1999 at the Indiana Theater. It was fantastic that the two leads in the film, Dennis Christopher and Robyn Douglass, were in attendance.





It was one of those very cool experiences for me to meet the actors that created one of my favorite film experiences. After I graduated from IU, it was played to death in my VCR as I continually got homesick for the halcyon days of my college years.













See more “Breaking Away” and Bloomington, Indiana photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Very cool that you got to meet the two leads... I've seen this movie so many times, and always recommend it (that one, and "Local Hero").

William Bezek said...

I spy a young pup of a Dave!

Daveland said...

You spy correctly, Will - about 11 years ago young, before the hair went gray.