Thursday, September 18, 2008

Disneyland in Focus: Adventure Thru Inner Space



Although it’s been gone for over 20 years, this particular attraction truly has a cult following. I rode it many a time in my youth, and just remember it as being extremely weird, yet fun...very hard to describe. The thing that sticks out in my mind the most about this attraction was watching the "guests" in the Omnimovers who had supposedly been shrunken by the Mighty Microscope. I remember staring in wonder at the miniature vehicles and figures knowing that it couldn't be possible, but maybe...just maybe....
















See more vintage Adventure thru Inner Space photos at my regular website.

6 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Viewliner Limited said...

Without a doubt, one of my all-time favorite rides. Anticipation at its ultimate.

Unknown said...

And yet another reason that I wish my car could go to 88 MPH!

Major Pepperidge said...

Thanks for these! Like Viewliner, this is one of my favorite rides, right up there with "Nature's Wonderland" in my "most missed" category. Only I rode ATIS way more times! These photos are really wonderful.

CoxPilot said...

You can't fool me. All the people that were miniaturized are now floating around in the internet. Look how small they are on the screen of the computer. How else could all these wonderful images come to us through a really small wire and into that little picture which we are looking. I think it's a coverup, and we really don't know who's watching though that monitor.

Thufer said...

it was raining the last time i stood in that line. thank you for bringing back the memory.