Saturday, May 01, 2010

Scholarly Saturdays: Encyclopaedia Britannica & Adventureland, Pt. 4



We’re deep in the heart of the Jungle Cruise now, as we approach the hungry hippos. Slide #2 for today is probably about as encyclopaedic as this filmstrip gets!



No worries about scene spoilers here, as they reveal that the animals here are FAKES!



And can you believe they left out the credit for Schweitzer Falls?



Any opportunity to make this filmstrip educational by discussing the animals themselves was lost, other than listing the weight of a hippo.



I hope Susie is holding tightly onto that little red purse.



Another statistic; however, this one came courtesy of the skipper, not Encyclopaedia Britannica.



Final shot today is of a Rhino that is no longer on this attraction:



See more Encyclopaedia Britannica photos at my regular website.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Hey, that Rhino never blinks...

Chiana_Chat said...

If the skipper on my cruise ever shouted, "Look straight ahead!" I'd look back. Contrary aren't I? Sigh, I'm just that way.

Meh, I bet the emphatic skipper is the source the EB guy used for the other statistics too. Or visa versa... ;)