Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Black & White September 1963, Pt. 2



Starting today off with a bang: the Devil’s Paint Pots! Just look at those little geysers in action.

Over on the Rivers of America, the Mark Twain is embarking on another fun-filled journey.



Two shots of The Columbia sailing by Cascade Peak, whose thunderous falls are still sorely missed.





Over at the Frontierland Depot, the photographer snapped two of the E.P. Ripley pulling into the station:





See more Disneyland photos at my website.

7 comments:

Chiana_Chat said...

These convey a neat sense of being there and things "on the go." The geysers scene looks fun in that pic and I really like how the Columbia pic is framed, a nice touch that puts it a cut above. :)

stu29573 said...

I've wondered why they have never replaced Cascade Peak. They could even hide Fantasmic stuff in it much better than they have it hidden now. It really added tons to the river vibe...

Connie Moreno said...

How on Earth did you know that was Frontierland station? I sure couldn't tell!!! And I agree, I miss Cascade Peak.

Major Pepperidge said...

These must be from negatives, they're so crisp and clear.

Only two days until the first of the mysterious "Traveling Thursdays"!

Daveland said...

Connie - I guess it's official...I'm a Disneyland geek!

Daveland said...

Major - you are correct - the source of these is bw 35mm negative strips.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

The Frontierland Station pics are amazing. That's a pretty rare shot, love the double set of tracks! Super clear scans - Thanks Dave!