Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Disneyland 1958 in Living Color, Pt. 1



This was a great batch of large-format transparencies, yielding some very sharp details, circa 1958. The back of the peg-legged pirate is visible aboard the deck of the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship Restaurant.

Moving over to Frontierland, we have a good clear view of the Golden Horseshoe, taken from the deck of the Mark Twain.



Hungry? How about Swift’s Chicken Plantation Restaurant? The restaurant is to the rear of our photographer, as you can see the sign directly in the forefront of this shot.



See more Disneyland photos at my main website.

8 comments:

Snow White Archive said...

I see the pirate...cool pic.

Connie Moreno said...

Amazing! I loved pouring over every detail of these photos!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

That Plantation Restaurant photo is sweet! It's hard to visualize that exact spot today, I'm guessing just in front of the POTC tunnel entrance?

What are "large-format transparencies" I have visions of an overhead projector, but that can't be right?

Nice photo's - Thanks!

The Viewliner Limited said...

Great picture of the COS Tuna Boat Dave. I still can't believe the just demolished this icon. SAD!

stu29573 said...

Along with the Mine Train through Nature, the Pirate Ship (and Skull Rock) are among the things I miss the most. They REALLY need to bring the ship back.

Daveland said...

What if dept.: How about adding a restaurant component to the Columbia?

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

"adding a restaurant component to the Columbia?" Brilliant idea!

Heidi Ann said...

As long as I live, I will never tire of seeing vintage Disneyland photos!
Thank you SO much for sharing these!